Increase your story’s FACT DENSITY easily!
It’s very simple: just use online survey services in Google – or a simple “clipboard survey” during your week. Then your story is connected with public opinions/perceptions.
- Create a Google Form
- Write 5-10 questions.
- Any fewer and you’re not tapping the public enough. Any more and you’ll lose them.
- Get Mount to edit your questions for you. He’s seen a lot of mis-surveying.
- Click SHARE FORM to get the link.
- Paste the link into your Facebook and encourage others to share it.
- Watch responses come in Google using SUMMARY OF RESPONSES or the automatic spreadsheet Google creates for your survey.
- Insert your survey results into your story. Consider making a TABLE of the RESULTS, as eye candy.
Other ways to survey:
- During Tutorial
- Take printed versions of your survey to classrooms. In the past, this has been the surest way to receive the highest amount of survey-takers (sometimes hundreds of students!)
- Clipboard Survey
- Grab a pen, paper, and clipboard during lunch or nutrition and ask students your questions directly. Remember to avoid nepotism and instead, talk to people you don’t know. This is a great way to get opinions of people who have never been in the paper.