MAY 30-June 2nd, 2017 WORDPRESS Post Wrap-up & Professionalism
MONDAY: No School! Memorial Day.
TUESDAY: WordPress Post due: R3 Story (10 points), Photo Album (10 points), Video Slideshow (20 points), Infographic (10 points).
WordPress Posts BEST OF SHOW from each period!
BLOCK DAY: PROFESSIONALISM Project!
- Use this website to choose the job you’d like to apply to. Research some specifics (which company, where, how much, details, etc.)
- Ask for a letter recommending you to the job (teachers, youth pastors, coaches, advisers, others but not family!)
- Create a cover letter introducing yourself, what job you are applying for, and why you are a great fit
- Create a resume showing your basic information, education, work/volunteer experience, involvement in clubs and other organizations, and references (ask first!)
- Complete a job application
- Follow-up with the letter of recommendation
FRIDAY: PROFESSIONALISM Project!
- 5 Points – Cover Letter done!
- 5 Points – Resume done!
- 5 Points – Application done!
Monday 6/5 – Portfolio Creation in WordPress (Final!)
Tuesday 6/6 – Interview Preparation
Block 6/7-6/8 – Interviews and all documents due!
Friday 6/9 – Interviews