DESIGN a Drama or Dance POSTER using Illustrator
Also, interview TWO persons for their career perspectives and turn in the transcripts into gClassroom
BLOCK Jan. 23-24, 2017
1. CAREER CHOICES this week: SAMPLE TEACHER INTERVIEW
- Two interviews due in gClassroom by end of Friday. Here’s a helpful document (also available via gClassroom).
2. TODAY’S ILLUSTRATOR LESSONS:
A. REPETITION = GREAT DESIGN (Pinterest examples)
B. IMAGE TRACE > EXPAND > ADJUST
- Find/photograph image
- Increase CONTRAST using Photoshop / Image Adjust / Levels
- Paste HI CONTRAST into Illustrator
- Image Trace: try options in Window / Image Trace
- EXPAND (to vector & points).
- Delete background? Use Direct Selection (white pointer).
- Your POSTER must have at least one IMAGE TRACE in it.
3. Your Trello Card Block Day
- LOOK FOR INSPIRATION. Pinterest. Google searches (Mermaid posters. Dance posters. etc)
- Must attach “3 Pinterest or Google jpgs” that you want to emulate in your design
- Add yourself as a MEMBER to your card. It’s easy.
4. Poster Worktime: Continue
MONDAY & TUESDAY Jan. 23-24, 2017
1. CAREER CHOICES this week:
- Using the interview template from gClassroom, interview two persons about their career perspectives. Turn in the following to gClassroom by Friday (30 points):
- Both interview questions answered (16 points)
- Interview transcript (typed below interview responses) (14 points)
- Audio files (5 points per file extra credit)
- Use this slideshow. Make sure to complete workbook pages 50-55 by the end of this week.
3. Illustrator Poster for Productions!
- You will choose one of the following projects and create an AI-designed poster for the event. Watch the video pitches to know your job as a designer (wear headphones please).